- Properties of a force couple.
- Cases of reduction of the spatial force systems.
- Equilibrium conditions of a force system.
- Instant center of rotation and acceleration.
- Velocity and acceleration of a point in complex motion.
- The principles of mechanics used in the dynamics of the system of point particles.
- Dynamic equations in translational, rotational, planar and spherical motion of a solid.
- Kinetic energy of a solid in translational, rotational, planar and spherical motion.
- Lagrange equations of the first and second kind.
Strength of materials:
- Stress-strain curve, the tensile properties of materials.
- Generalized Hooke’s law for normal and shear strain components.
- Components of stress tensor and strain tensor (special cases: plane stress, plane strain, spatial stress state, spatial strain state), definition of principal stresses.
- Pure bending, internal moment and stress relations, differential equation for the elastic curve of a beam.
- Cylindrical shafts in torsion – distribution of the shear stress, equations for maximum shear stress and angle of twist.
- Material effort, strength theories, equivalent stress.
- Stress concentration phenomenon: stress distribution in notched element, stress concentration factor definition and variables it depends on.
- Wöhler curve and its description: Basquin equation, concepts of limited fatigue strength and fatigue limit.
Construction and operation of machines:
- Characteristics of belt drives and their application in machine design.
- Problems of transmission shafts design and calculations.
- Design of bolted joints working under static and varying load conditions.
- Construction of bearing systems with application of rolling-element bearings.
- Factors influencing the fatigue strength of machine elements.
- Characteristics of contemporary permanent joints.
- Strength conditions of statically loaded machine elements.
- Clutches – selection criteria, basic calculations, examples.
- Application and functions of lubricants in machine construction. Characteristics of seals used in machine construction.
- Selection criteria of drive systems to various mechanical devices.
- Construction, operation and modelling of electric, hydraulic and pneumatic drives.
- Modern IT tools used to design machine parts and model their movement.
- The properties of the sound and its sources.
- Contemporary applications of acoustics.
- Methods for conditioning of the acoustics of rooms.
- The purpose of audio engineering.
- The construction and modelling of robots.
- Simple and inverse kinematics task. Statics and dynamics problems.
- Control Systems in Robotics.
- What is the accuracy and repeatability of the manipulator.
- What are the Euler angels and what are the advantages of using them to describe the orientation of the effector of the robot.
- What is the number of degrees of freedom of manipulator.
- What are the holonomic constraints and whether the mobile robot can be a holonomic object.
- Linear and nonlinear models of objects mechanical and electrical and technological processes.
- Classical mechanic, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics problems.
- Static and dynamic characteristics of dynamic objects (time and frequency domain).
- Structural dynamics, partial differential equations usage for object modelling.
- Eigenproblem of the multidimensional objects (mode shapes).